Your guide to 100% skincare, learn to feed the skin from the inside.
Posted on March 01 2023,
This month, we introduced our 100% skincare campaign.
We are taking a deeper look into how to treat different skin concerns with this 100% skincare approach…
By only treating the outside of the skin with topical creams, you are only doing 50% of the work. By feeding the skin from the inside, you are nourishing the skin from head to toe, achieving 100% skincare.
Did you know the human body makes 200 million skin cells an hour? We make skin cells from food, vitamins, and nutrients. In fact, the food you consumed yesterday has already entered your bloodstream and, in one week, will be in the outer layer of the skin (the stratum corneum). Our science-led ingredients feed your future skin from within.
Sensitive Skin: What you need to know
Sensitive skin describes skin with reduced tolerance to applying cosmetic products causing various symptoms such as irritation, rashes, redness and burning.
What is sensitive skin caused by? Cold temperature, low humidity, central heating, age, and genetics.
Our Tips to manage Sensitive Skin: Skin Omegas+ is ideal for someone with sensitive or fragile skin. Pairing this with our Skin Clear Biome™ is the perfect duo to help support sensitive skin. In addition to this, we suggest the following:
- Use fragrance-free, hyper-allergic products.
- Testing new products on small areas of the skin before applying them to more extensive areas.
- Avoid showering with very hot water.
- Avoid harsh chemical cleaners.
Ageing Skin: What you need to know
As we age naturally, the skin becomes thinner, less volumised and plump. There are two types of ageing processes: intrinsic and extrinsic.
Intrinsic: This affects the skin of the entire body caused by age.
Extrinsic: Is caused by lifestyle, UV exposure, smoking and other pollutants.
Our Tips for Youthful-Looking Skin: To support ageing skin, our skin researchers recommend Skin Ultimate, the ingestible “anti-ageing facial” by combining five intelligent supplements in convenient daily pods to deliver youthful, radiant, and beautiful skin. This innovative supplement system works in synergy to provide over-arching benefits to ageing skin, well-being, hair, and nails.
You can further protect your skin from premature ageing by:
- Consume a rainbow diet with a variety of vitamins and minerals, particularly red and orange fruits, and vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots, oranges, and watermelon.
- Wear a daily SPF to protect your skin from the sun.
- Drink green tea.
- Applying a moisturiser.
- Avoid smoking.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Managing stress by exercising daily and practising breathwork.
Dry Skin: What you need to know
Dry skin is a year-round challenge but is often exacerbated in winter months and cold environments. Winter can play havoc with the balance of our skin and has been shown to strip skin of its protective barrier.
Dry skin refers to skin that feels dry to the touch. This occurs when the skin lacks moisture in the outer cell layer called the stratum corneum, resulting in cracks in the skin's surface. It can cause the skin to be flaky, itchy, and uncomfortable.
Did you know that both external and internal factors can contribute to dry skin? Including cold temperature, low humidity, central heating, age, and genetics.
Our Tips to reduce Dry Skin: Skin Omegas+ is the perfect supplement for someone with dry skin. Pairing this with our Skin Clear Biome™ is the faultless duo to help support dry skin. After all, a happier gut = happier skin.
As well as supplementing with the right vitamins, our skin researchers also recommend the following:
- Include good-quality fats in your diet, such as avocados, olive oil and seeds.
- Include fermented kefir.
- Avoid hot showers - having them too hot can dry your skin.
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser daily.
Problem-Prone & Stressed Skin: What you need to know
Problem-prone skin is one of the most common skin concerns and can lead to low self-esteem and poor self-confidence. Problem-prone skin occurs when hair follicles become blocked with oil and dead skin cells, which causes whiteheads, blackheads, and congestion. They can appear on the face, chest and back and may cause discomfort, redness, and a rough texture.
Various factors can cause problem-prone skin, including:
- Overproduction of sebum.
- Hyperkeratosis (thick skin).
- Poor diet and lifestyle.
- Hormonal changes during puberty.
- Stressed skin and cosmetics.
Our Tips to support Problem-Prone or Stressed Skin: We recommend our Skin Clear Biome. This pioneering supplement harnesses the benefit of microbiome technology, helping to support the gut flora and work to balance the skin’s natural barrier for a clear, refined finish.
To support your supplement regime, we also recommend the following:
- Consume a variety of fruit and vegetables in your diet.
- Eat fermented foods that include beneficial bacteria to support the gut-skin connection; Fermented foods include sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, and probiotic yoghurt.
- Cut back on dairy products, including milk, cheese, and butter.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin too much. This can irritate oily skin.
- Cleanse and wash your face morning and night.