The two contributing factors to ageing skin are biological and lifestyle. While we can’t do anything about getting older, there is plenty we can do to support our skin from the inside and out and help to combat the signs of ageing. As we age, our bodies internal processes such as cell turnover slow down and take longer to complete, this is when we start to notice signs of ageing on our skin.
Common signs of ageing:
- Fine lines and wrinkles - are caused by reduced elastin and collagen
- Elasticity - as the skin produces less elastin and collagen, it means the skin is more likely to sag, droop and not bounce back when stretched.
- Thinning - as the dermis produces less collagen, your skin is not able to repair itself as easily, which can result in thin and fragile skin.
- Uneven skin tone - irregular darkening of the skin.
- Dullness - as the natural cell turnover rate slows down, this can lead to a lackluster skin tone.
- Dryness - ageing skin can be more prone to dryness, roughness, and itching due to fewer sweat and oil glands.
How to take care of your skin at every age
Here’s what we suggest to support your anti-ageing skincare supplement journey and ensure your skin ages youthfully, radiantly and maintains ultimate skin health.
Twenties: Be proactive with your skin health and anti-ageing efforts
Starting a consistent and beneficial skincare routine as early as possible is your best possible chance of safeguarding your skin for later in life. We recommend the following skincare supplements for those in their 20s:
Skin Omegas+ provide support to overall skin health and hydration, and are great for all skin types but especially those with dry skin. Synergising omegas 3 and 6, and vitamin A, our Skin Omegas+ acts as an internal moisturiser to nourish dry skin all over the body and provide the skin with a luminous glow. We want glowing skin at all ages, right?
From our mid-20s we lose 1% of collagen every year, which is why supporting our collagen production now is so important. Enter our Skin Collagen Support! By activating the skin from within, this supplement diffuses anti-ageing technology throughout the body and helps to build and safeguard collagen while maintaining levels for supple, younger-looking skin.
Skin Vit C offers an array of benefits to all skin types and all ages. For anyone looking to enliven dull skin and those concerned with premature ageing, uneven skin tone, and environmental aggressors, Skin Vit C is recommended for you!
To support reactive and problematic skin, you should learn more about our Skin Clear Biome™. It’s designed to work from the inside out, feeding the gut with bacteria to clarify and brighten skin, and can be especially useful for those suffering from skin imperfections during what can be a stressful time in your life.
Thirties and Forties: Protect your skin and focus on safeguarding for the future
Now is the time to focus on feeding our skin with antioxidants to further safeguard it from free radicals such as pollution and stress, which can accelerate the ageing process. We recommend the following skincare supplements for those in their 30s:
Seeking out skin-supporting ingredients will also help to counteract common skin challenges. These ingredients include vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, coenzyme Q10, and astaxanthin - all of which can be found in our Skin Ultimate supplement system, which is a convenient 28-day pack of supplement pods for daily skin, hair, and nail health.
Supporting our collagen continues to be important at all stages of life. Our Skin Collagen Support supplement includes a clever cocktail of vitamin C, zinc, MSM and grapeseed extract. These ingredients work together to build and safeguard your collagen, protect your cells from oxidative stress, help to plump and smooth the skin, help to improve elasticity and resiliency and much more.
Fifties, and Sixties: Support your skin with nutritional, anti-ageing supplements
Once in our fifties and onwards, our nutritional needs become more demanding and our bodies may be looking for more support for our heart, cognitive function, muscles and bones. For skincare needs in your 50s, 60s and beyond we recommend:
If you haven’t already, we recommend including Skin Ultimate in your daily supplement routine as it offers a variety of benefits. Suitable for anyone looking for the gold standard in skin supplements to support an anti-ageing skincare regime, our Skin Ultimate includes five supplements in one daily beauty pod:
- Skin Vit A+: provides vitamin A and vitamin D. These vitamins offer benefits to not only skin health but also the well-being of our immune system, muscles, teeth, and mucous membranes.
- Skin Omegas+: synergises vitamin A, omega 3 fatty acids from sustainably sourced fish oil, and omega 6 fatty acids from evening primrose oil.
- Skin Antioxidant: includes seven antioxidants including extracts of green tea, grapeseed, turmeric root, bilberry fruit, betacarotene, lutein, and lycopene.
- Skin Asta-Boost: combines the power of astaxanthin and biotin. There is a lot of emerging research on astaxanthin in the nutritional industry.
- Skin Co-Q10+: provides a dose of Coenzyme Q10 and French maritime pine bark extract. This specialist supplement has excellent research conducted by specialist labs on the benefits of skin radiance.
Backing up with our collagen support, Skin Collagen Support and Skin Vit C work in synergy to help support the appearance of lines, wrinkles and plumpness. The antioxidant-rich, collagen-supporting nutrients of Skin Collagen Support are reinforced by Skin Vit C’s brightening combination of vitamin C, zinc and acerola cherry. Creating the perfect synergy to deliver optimum results for your skin.
Discover our expertly formulated skincare supplements to help with your anti-ageing skincare journey. Our supplements can help to improve the appearance of the first signs of ageing including dehydration, fine lines, and wrinkles whilst supporting the skin elasticity and the production of collagen in the skin.
To begin your 100% skincare journey today, complete the online consultation quiz, and we will suggest supplements to assist in improving skin health, personalising your supplements to address your key skin concerns.
Did you know that we offer subscription programmes? These allow you to enjoy the convenience of auto-shipment and discounted product rates. Our subscription plans are fully flexible with no fixed contract.
Skin Rewards is free to join, and you'll receive 50 points as our welcome gift! Offering exclusive benefits for purchases made exclusively at Advanced Nutrition Programme! Connect, shop & share today.