How to target problem skin from head to toe
Posted on June 13 2023,
We’ve all been there before, spending hundreds of dollars, investing in our skin with creams and lotions and not achieving the results we so desired.
It’s super important to remember that your skin is a two-sided organ. Topical creams only do 50% of the job in nourishing your skin. This may be why you’re not getting the results you long for. Feeding the skin from the inside out through diet and supplements will help you achieve 100% skincare and lasting results.
Supplements provide complete coverage by targeting:
- All skin components (epidermis, dermis, hypodermis, blood vessels and sebum) where many topical creams fail to reach.
- The skin is over the whole body from head to toe, whereas topical creams only work where they're applied.
What to look for:
When looking for a supplement program, our skin researchers have made it simple by recommending you look for the following when browsing for supplements to address problem-prone:
- Supplements that clear and clarify the complexion.
- Do not contain any harsh chemicals.
- Contains vitamin A to support skin health*
- Contains vitamin C as it protects the skin from oxidative stress**
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin***
To support a targeted supplement regime, we also recommend the following:
- Consume a variety of fruit and vegetables in your diet.
- Eat fermented foods that include beneficial bacteria to support the gut-skin connection. Fermented foods include sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, and probiotic yoghurt.
- Cut back on dairy products, including milk, cheese and butter.
It is important to remember that problem-prone skin can also appear on other areas of the skin besides the face. Consuming a nourishing, balanced diet alongside a topical and internal skincare routine helps to nurture the skin over the entire body.
When targeting problem-prone skin, knowing what to look for when selecting a targeted supplement programme is vital to achieving happy, healthy skin.
*Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the skin
**Vitamin C helps protect cells from oxidative stress
***Contains zinc which contributes to the maintenance of normal skin***